The kit itself is perfect - the paper pattern by Republique du Chiffon, just the right amount of gorgeous Atelier Brunete 'Facet' fabric which is a drapey viscose, zip and the best of all.....gold piping!!
I followed the chart and accordingly cut a 38 top/40 bottom unfortuantely it was absolutely huuuuggggeee on top. By the time I noticed how big the bodice was, I'd already got carried away and applied all the facings and zip to the neckline and front of the dress. Massive error. I couldn't bring myself to unpick about 6 lots of stitching, understitching, topsticthing so just winged it. Also a massive error. I should have toiled, I should have tried, I should have unpicked! I have no idea why it was so big though, perhaps designed for someone with enourmous boobs!
What I did do however was just chop out the zip rather crudely then restitch the dress up the front - so it now goes over the head. This has the effect of massively raising the neckline and now it looks a bit frumpy :-( It was quite an expensive kit and I adore the fabric so I was desperate not to give up on it.
This is the end result - still love that gold piping though!
It doesn't look too bad on - it just feels weird. A bit awkward. Note the unimpressed face. No camera I will not look at you.
I still like the style of the dress so somewhere on the never ending list of things to make - I may toile!
Feel free to comment and come and say hello on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Bloglovin too :-) xx