I suppose the pattern used is Simplicity 1696 - but then I realised that the pattern has been chopped and altered so much it's not really recognisable as that pattern anymore - very much a Trigger's Broom paradox.
(Dear non-UK readers, if you have no idea what this 'broom' I'm talking about is then dear god PLEASE watch THIS; British comedy at its best)
This is actually attempt number 2. The first pair I made had twisty legs and I had no idea why, then I started messing about trying to fix them and slim the legs and it just got a bit out of hand. Fortunately I had bought extra fabric forseeing my incompetence.
Take 2 was much better, I made sure everything was cut precisely on the grain. Then I read a tip online which was mega helpful.
- Pin the inseam from the ankle up and stretch the fabric from the knee line upwards to put the pieces together.
It worked! I had to mega-stretch the front piece to fit the back piece inseam, but it works! I guess it keeps everything in line and on grain across your body.
The fabric is stretch cotton from myfabrics.co.uk - 'Yumi Floral'. Blooming marvellous (yeah I went there). There is a black concealed zip down the left side and I had to improv a waistband. However as I ran out of fabric it's cut in the non-stretch direction and made of 4 different bits - so it makes the trousers a bit tight. Will have to save them for non-bloaty no-need-to-breathe days. Maybe it will give a bit as they are worn in. Made little ankle side slits too for decoration :)