Sewing Sorbet - Emmeline Tee

A little palette cleanser of a pattern today.

I made this after a few sewing fails and a friend Sally recommended a quick win pattern in the form of the Emmeline Tee by Little Seamstress.


There are three versions available, a quick PDF to stick together aswell as you don't need all the pages for the different versions. It can be made in stretch or woven so fab for using small pieces up. I went for View A as I do like myself a t-shirt!

Size: The pattern suggests picking the size based on the bust measurement however as the sides are straight up and down I didn't trust this knowing my hips are significantly wider than the bust. I went with an XXL and slightly graded out an inch at the hip.

Fabric: Stash raiding occurred as confidence was low from previous projects and I wasn't sure if it would work. I'd had this crocodile* fabric from Sew Over It a while and there was only a small piece which was perfect to use up. It does send your eyes a bit boggley if you stare too long.

(*Reptile fact: Crocodile - long snout, jaggy toothy fella. Alligator - rounded snout, neater teeth and hides them well. Want to run away? Run in a zigzag, they cant turn very well. ;)


I made a couple of minor tweaks. I added cuffs at the arms as my fabric wasn't wide enough to fit the whole sleeve on. I also sloped the shoulder a bit aswell as the straight T shape was making the sleeves stick out a bit like wings. Other than that - love it!

Needing something comfortable with zero effort factor I also decided to make a dress version in this stripe print from JellyFabrics.


Same alteration to shape the shoulder. Instead of a neckband I just used jersey binding and bound the raw edges to the inside at the neck and sleeves. I also found a use for my leftover glitter stars - 'this is the back' markers!


Simple, basic, but really practical and a great little pattern. The sleeves are roomy enough not to get all hot and bothered and an optional tie belt gives options. (Buffet options). Bit short but that was just down to how much fabric I had left. (Remnants of a failed Seamwork Bobby dress!!)


A refreshing make indeed.

 Feel free to comment and come and say hello on InstagramFacebookTwitterPinterest and Bloglovin too xxx

No comments:

Post a comment