Melilot - Of Bugs and Buttons

Coming at you today with BUGS.


I have been looking for a casual shirt dress pattern for ages, something with a collar and all the features but with a loose vibe about it. After a couple of disaster makes, I tried a the suggestion of an extended Melilot shirt.


The pattern here is of course the Deer & Doe Melilot shirt which has been extended past the hip line to about knee length. I used the short sleeve version which gave a beautiful drape and reshaped the collar to a traditional point, just because I'm not a round collar kinda gal.

The size is 46/48 however I did add about an extra 1cm to the side seams to be sure it got over my hips for a dress version. It was fine!

I also changed the placket on this one - having previously made an invisible placket version  as I love a good button and wanted them on show.

As luck would have it I raided the stash and found this epic galaxy pink and turquoise buttons, that matched the colours of my bug applique perfectly! A bit of sewing fate there.



The fabric used here is buttery soft viscose linen blend from Sew Me Sunshine in Aqua. It is so lovely to the touch and very airy for hot days.

So this dress was actually a 'test dress' for a black one I want to make, much actually I think I like my bug toile more than what I was planning!



I will definitely be using the Melilot again for future dress incarnations as the shape is one that agrees with me.

Wishing you all well on this bank holiday! 

Feel free to comment and come and say hello on InstagramFacebookTwitterPinterest and Bloglovin too xxx

2 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous colour! And of course the bug patch is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only word for this is RAD!!

    ReplyDelete